Adam Ruins College is the seventh episode of Season 2 of Adam Ruins Everything. The episode aired on August 22, 2017.
Class is in session as Adam explains why the chances of becoming a dropout billionaire are not in your favor, why selecting a top college is harder than you think and why the once groundbreaking student loan system has created trillions of dollars in debt.
Adam meets a student who doesn't want to go to college because he thinks that he can become a tech billionaire, like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg. Adam clues the student in to the fact that you more than likely need a college education to get a decent job. Bill Gates himself has said that more people need to go to college because it is a necessity to compete in today's economy.
College rankings are also a scam- many universities lied about their scores and rankings. Universities don't always focus on improving things like graduation rates - instead they improve facilities and make themselves look fancy to attract even more applicants. They also raise tuition rates to accommodate for these facilities. Everyone picks schools based on an arbitrary list.
Adam explains that student loans are also a big scam, crippling the economy. Students are encouraged to take out more loans than they can even afford. One in four borrowers are behind on their student loans.
- Nathan Barnatt as Jeffrey Dahmer
- Gary Mitchell Carter as Nixon
- Lukas Gage as Cole Tyson
- Nikki Glaser as Sallie Mae
- Zack Gold as Bartender Zack
- Kale Hills as Young Bill Gates
- Brady Novak as Brown
- Amos Vernon as Uncle Sam
- Kimia Behpoornia as Poor Student
- Charles Emmett as Professor
- John Ennis as Rich Administrator
- Ithamar Enriquez as US News Boss
- Cynthia Kao as Drop Out Two
- Dan Lippert as Drop Out One
- Hal Lublin as V.O. College Bears
- Gita Reddy as Alumni
- Jessica Trainham as Cheerleader